View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good question...

I've had the CT surgery. Last Oct they did the right hand and 3 weeks later the left. It was a lifesaver for me. 100% improvement. I no longer have any symptoms of CT syndrome and believe me, before the surgery I was in agony. That might be why I didn't really notice the problems with my feet. They were drowned out by the pain in my hands and arms. I had pain all the way through my shoulder in my right arm, the funny bone nerve is what it felt like. Since the surgery...nothing. No numbness, no tingling. I can sleep with my hands in any position I choose. I can do things I couldn't do before the surgery because it triggered pain and other symptoms in my hands. If the decompression surgery is anything like this I'd go for it.

I have talked with people that have had the CT surgery that didn't have nearly the good results I've had. I believe most of that is because for many people the surgery is done after there's already permanent damage done to the nerves. If the damage is permanent then the surgery is done mostly to prevent further damage and it does offer a certain level of pain relief. I had no permanent nerve damage prior to the surgery which is a miracle as the CT symptoms began around 20 years prior to my surgery.

That's another question for me...could my PN symptoms be from a compression issue? With the CT symptoms beginning from no real cause such as repetitive motion injury is it possible this is a physiological problem for me? So far there's no real reason for me to have PN. No injury, no chemical exposure, no auto-immune disorders. I also have a daughter that's only 22 and is beginning to experience CT symptoms. Same story, no cause to point to. So I have to wonder if this could be an inherited problem? If it is it would seem decompression surgery might be an answer.

I'll be interested to hear, as you are, if anyone else has knowledge of the surgery. And if it looks good I may talk to my doctor about it.

Barbara