View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

This older one at the top of the list goes along with that newer one you posted, Chemar. I'm really interested in this ferritin issue. I also have RLS so have been trying to follow the connections. Somewhere or other on my computer I have some concise information that talks about differences between stored ferritin levels, iron deficiency, anaemia and the like. I'll try to find it. It's important that people just don't go on a iron overload regime thinking it'll help. It's more complex than that and for some people, taking Iron can be harmful.

PubMed Abstract
Psychiatry Res. 1994 Dec;55(4):205-21.
Abnormal magnetic resonance imaging T2 relaxation time asymmetries in Tourette's syndrome.
Peterson BS,Gore JC,Riddle MA,Cohen DJ,Leckman JF.

Department of Child Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520-7900, USA

Mov Disord. 2004 Sep;19(9):1084-7.
Restless legs in Tourette syndrome
Lesperance P, Djerroud N, Diaz Anzaldua A, Rouleau GA, Chouinard S, Richer F; Montreal Tourette Study Group.

"Restless legs in Tourette syndrome.

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) and Tourette's syndrome (TS) share some common features, including the phenomenology of sensations relieved by movements, but few studies have examined the links between RLS and TS. We examined RLS and other TS comorbidities in 144 probands with TS or chronic tics and their parents. RLS was present in 10% of probands and 23% of parents with no gender differences. RLS in probands was linked significantly to maternal RLS but not paternal RLS, suggesting that a maternal RLS factor may contribute to the variable expression of TS.

PMID: 15372602"

PubMed Abstract
J Lab Clin Med. 2006 Feb;147(2):67-73.
Ferritin subunits in CSF are decreased in restless legs syndrome.
Clardy SL,Earley CJ,Allen RP,Beard JL,Connor JR.

Department of Neurosurgery, M.S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA.

PubMed Abstract
Sleep. 2004 Dec 15;27(8):1499-504.
Symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults with restless legs syndrome.
Wagner ML, Walters AS, Fisher BC

PubMed Abstract
Sleep. 2005 Aug 1;28(8):1007-13.
Restless legs syndrome and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a review of the literature.
Cortese S,Konofal E,Lecendreux M,Arnulf I,Mouren MC,Darra F,Dalla Bernardina B.

Service de Psychopathologie de l'Enfant et de l'Adolescent, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote