Thread: Jaldridge6
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 12:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jal

Chambi is a surgeon who will recommend surgery
He only does decompressions
Feels rib removals is NOT necessary, theres less chance of scarring and better chance of recovery.
Depends if ur nervous system is already damaged.

He does not know who to send you to for pt.
Been there done that.
Well, I should say he didn't know a few years ago.
All my previous therapist hurt me and waste time and $$ and who knows hurt me more in the long run without proper care.

So when the expert patients here say go to....they r NOT kidding.
The patients here are the "experts" and know much more than your ordinary Neuro/Ortho/Caregiver.
Research, read, listen and ask questions
Thats how I learned and educated
Smart cookies here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaldridge6 View Post
I wasn't diagnosed with TOS. See my other post "probable TOS". I went to Chambi and he said he thinks I might have it. If I do, its probably not as severe as most on here. 4 years ago I first had symptoms.. and.. since 4 years ago Ive done a tremendous amount of work in changing my life style habits. I quit smoking, changed my diet entirely to be low in sugar and fast food free, lots of veggies and stuff. Ive been exercising and stretching reguarlly since then. overall, Id say I was better off now than I was 4 years ago, but I still have really painful flare ups daily.

My stress is pretty high as well. I probably could do with seeing a psychologist at some point. I had my blood pressure dont yesterday and its fine... 120/75 ... so that's not a problem. I also went to an endocrinologist and have ruled out diabetes, thyroid, hormones, etc as a cause of aches and pains. they did a ultrasound and found a hemangioma in my liver which I need to go get a Cat Scan over which is another $350 bucks outa the ole pocket ;-) I wish we had centralized health care already, sheesh.

I'll try getting in touch with Chambi to see if he'll approve PT. I tried him yesterday but no luck. I wonder how receptive he'd be.. he seems like a cool guy.

Last edited by olecyn; 08-04-2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: nonsense
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote