View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Di First, when the workers called in we just had to readjust our schedule. I have 2 office workers and 10 technicians so we were ok. It is just annoying. I understand, to me this is MY business and MY life, to them it is a job. But, I can't tell you how many times we have given advances of alot of money, interest free. They each take their work truck home each day so there is no wear on their personal vehicles. We pay for all gas, 80% medical insurance, 401K, vacation time and very lenient with hours when needed. We have had tech's quit thinking they could get it better somewhere else, and coming back when they realize it isn't greener on the other side. Sometimes I hate being a boss. I am not an assertive personality so when I need to it's tough. It's kind of funny when the guys are afraid of me. I'm 5'2" and about 125. Not a very imposing figure. To see them come knocking on my office door, looking sheepish to ask for a day off. Once they leave I can't help but laugh because I have to be serious while they are in the office.

My husband asked me 15 years ago if it would be ok if we started our own business. I said sure. I had NO clue what it involved. We ran it from our house for 8 years. At the time we started I had a 2 year old and a 6 month old. How dumb was I!! We own a couple of buildings now so at least it isn't in the house anymore but it is still a major chore.

Sorry for dumping. I'm just happy it's Saturday! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote