View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi All

All I can say is I take 5000 of the methyl b-12 sub linqual (melting pill) under my tongue in the a.m. on an empty stomach. That's what I was told to do and that's what I do. I went from PINS AND NEEDLES, AND BURNING 24/7 to slightly burning once in a while if the temperature is not cooperating. Also if I sit for longer periods, my feet can burn but that is not always the case.

So in my particular situation B-12 was a godsend. Some days I even take two of them. That's 10,000 mcgs of the methyl on some days. But every single day I take at least one 5000 pill. Been the best thing I ever did.

That, and I keep my blood sugar as perfect as I can get it to be. I do not cheat, I do not eat what I'm not supposed to eat. I drink plenty of water. I eat my protein. I take in no sugar. I do not want this PN to get any worse, so I do whatever I can do to NOT MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

Now I know people who smoke and have emphasema, I know people who smoke who have cancer (I do not understand this at all). I also know a person who had a mom who had diabetes, took injections during the day, whe was told to "stop drinking all that coke". She never stopped. She drank coca cola all day long and ate twinkies, fudge pops and cupcakes (all day long). She would go to the doctor and he would try and explain to her "you cannot do this, you have diabetes)" She did not listen. She was admitted to the hospital with a foot ulcer, it became gangrene, they cut off her foot, they cut off her calf, they ultimately cut off her entire leg. Did she stop drinking the coke, and ice cream and cupcakes??? Not on your life.

She was 53 years old and she died 6 months before my friend got married.
I would like for someone to explain to me how a person can get one of their limbs cut off, then come home and start eating cupcakes again. I do not, for the life of me, understand this way of thinking. I understand that we self-medicate with various substances (I used to do this with snacking at night), but a lightbulb went off in my head, and I re-evaluated my way of eating and I, well for want of a better terminology, am in recovery, I guess you would call it.

But how come some people (even though they get a disease), just continue to smoke, drink, or eat cupcakes (and they had a leg cut off!!!).

I understand addictions, I really do. My son has one, my friends have their various addictions. But to stay in the hospital for months, having parts of your limb and then the whole limb removed, and then come home and give yourself 3 shots of insulin a day, and then buy bottles of coke, well, I don't get it. I wish someone would explain this to me.

I now am going through a sad event with a close friend who has stage 3 lung cancer. She now has a home care attendant. She is on fentanyl, vicodin, and xanax. She is anorexic. All her life by the way. The doctor told her mother. "The cancer is not what is doing your daughter in, the anorexia is"

I guess there are addictions to eating, and there are addictions to not eating.

But it costs lives. I just don't get this way of thinking.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote