Old 08-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayla4me View Post
Hi all,
I am sitting here at my computer tossing up whether to post this or not, but here goes---I will.

I guess I am really going to throw a spanner into the works here because I have used ice on some of my RSD areas-----by doing that it is not by any means condoning or advocating it to anyone else. I am NOT telling this story to tempt people to do something they don't feel comfortable with.
I also have read pages of information regarding ice on RSD, including that of Dr Hooshmand (that would be a whole new thead for me)
I get a bag of ice -chips wrap it in a towel and place it over the area that is burning so much I want to die.
I leave it there only to the count of about 5 and remove it. The area is not iced, the tissue has not been frozen, it is just cooled and therefore I feel some relief---albeit temporary. It has not been left on the area long enough to damage any of the skin , nerves or underlying tissue.
This is done with the knowledge of my Pain Doctor--he trusts me after all these years to be sensible I have however injured myself by being careless with my legs and hitting furniture causing breaks in my skin.
It is with some hesitation that I confess to this because I don't want to be thought of as being careless as I am far from it but we are ALL such different beings and I have experimented with lots of things over the years in the search for a little relief-----to this point I don't believe I have injured anything further by doing it
I do appreciate the advise from all of those who are trying to help us avoid damaging ourselves though
Please take care all and if anyone would like me to edit out any of this I will be happy to do so.
Tayla
tayla

it all goes back to what works for one..may not work for another. there are no absolutes with the human body.

i have a back condition stemming from an injury. i was first told i would never walk again. doing exacty the opposite of what the dr's said i was walking in less than 6 weeks. i was told i could never had children for 2 reasons. one my back and the other a serverly tipped uterus. i have 4 living children. i was told to never ever do sports or any type of exercise. to take pain meds my whole life and have surgery to stabilize my back.

i have exercised and done sports. in fact i went into the fitness industry and that is also my educational background. i have not had any surgery on my back. my injury was over 30 years ago. my condition is progressive i may end up in a wheelchair. but when a dr looks at my file..checks xrays and scans and can't believe i can walk..well...i'm going to do what is best for my own body and my life.

i am not saying to go against what dr's say. but do your own research. one dr..one brain...one set of knowledge.

tayla, you do what works for you. i applaud you.

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote