View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1260 View Post
I was included in the b-12 study at the same time I began b-12 therapy. Dr. Evatt is my treating physician for the b-12 deficiency while monitoring my movement disorder treatment for Essential Tremor. Though most of her study is dealing with Parkinson's and b-12 deficiency, she's included other movement disorders in the study...
Did you post more about the study somewhere? Sounds interesting.

One of the things that concerns me is that most B12 recommendations, based on lab tests, are the results of studies done on healthy people with intact stores of B12.

My neurologist told me that it takes a very long time to rebuild the stores...

What I found, is that by taking more I reduced symptoms long after they were supposed to have become "permanent" --

so I wish I'd been given more, sooner so that I'd be much more well now.

It is the slowness of this process that I have found to be reflected in my fingernails... In 1997 I had thick, raised ridges on my fingernails... at the same time I had extreme bone pain in my legs and many other symptoms of low B12.

Now I no longer have the extreme bone pain, but my feet do not react properly to temperature... and I have a hard time moving my toes.

I feel that had the original treatment, ten years ago, been better, that is, more B12 for a long initial period, I might be without these symptoms today.

However, I still have moderate ridges on my left ring finger... so I hope that those ridges and my remaining symptoms go away.