View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
tayla

it all goes back to what works for one..may not work for another. there are no absolutes with the human body.

i am not saying to go against what dr's say. but do your own research. one dr..one brain...one set of knowledge.

tayla, you do what works for you. i applaud you.

Curious,

I totally understand what you both are saying, I truly do. And you are right about what works for one might not work for another.

My ice experience?
I was told that if ice made me feel better to use it, and I did...
It relieved the burning and the pain and I thought if I were comfortable that there must not be any reason to worry.

My RSD spread like wildfire from that point on, so the "if it feels good, do it" theory definitely did not help me out. (when I began the ice is was in the back of my neck and my shoulders, now it is in all of upper body except left arm) But, as you say, it may or may not happen to others.

I feel there is enough written about the dangers of it, that I should have looked into it more. I could blame what happened to me on my doctors advice, but it was ultimately MY decision, and it ended up being a very poor decision, on my part. I only wish someone had told me their personal experience with it. I had read what many "experts" had to say about it, but I feel I might have listened more if I had read a personal experience. Maybe, but I'm not sure. That's why whenever I read about someone using ice, I always try to tell my story, mostly because I would hate to see this same thing happen to someone else.

Again, these are my personal experiences, I'm not a medical professional, just someone who wishes I had known. Hope you all don't mind me chiming in on this subject, ice is just one of those "touchy" subjects with me, and I feel if I don't respond, I am doing someone a dis-service by not telling my story.

Have a great weekend, all.

Mainiac (a.k.a. Meme)