View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi West,
What a VERY interesting thread!

I used to take Dalmane for years. In London in the 70s the doctor gave me these huge precriptions, the bottle I'd get from the chemist would be like the big bottles one sees of vitamin C. And they were 30mg.

When there was a lot of stress I'd take them during the day, every four hours, and they just barely kept me from bouncing off the walls.

But then recently, in 2001, I moved into my condo where there was hydrogen sulfide that I didn't know about. I began to fall a lot, so I felt as if I couldn't take the Dalmane any more, because it did knock me out for good, sound sleep, but it also made me less steady if I got up during the night... only see, I didn't know about the hydrogen sulfide. So I'm not really sure how much it was the Dalmane to blame, as opposed to the h.s.

Okay... what I want to be sure to say, is that now I am sleeping 8+ hours a night and LOVING it.

That's with no Dalmane, but a lot of B12 replacement, and magnesium every day with vitamin C to aid in absorption. Apparently magnesium is about as hard for some people to absorb as B12.

Then, I also have amino acids (whey amino acids) in my coffee a couple times a day... and I am pretty certain that has helped with the remarkable reduction I've had in back pain.

I also take serrapeptase because of some dental infection problems and the pain in my back... so it's most likely contributed as well.

What I sometimes wonder is whether the serrapeptase helps me sleep because I take it at night (you can't have anything to eat for hours before or after taking it) and the capsules rather remind me of the Dalmane... so I wonder if my body goes so deeply to sleep because it thinks the capsules are the Dalmane... (silly body) But, who knows.

I just know that I'm sleeping a LOT better.

Well, thank you again for a GREAT thread!