View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi all, and thank you all. Doug went to the emergency room last Tuesday and got out Thursday. I went to the emergency room to see him and had a lot of calls to wait on or make. He is so much better now that he's back home. We've been having a blast this morning. It's like he's not even ill. The hospital changed his pain medicine. Doug's been holding down food since. He walks with a walker, is able to drive, and has a cheerful kind of prankster type disposition now. He bought walkie talkies for us to use between our apartments in case he needs me. While he was typing up his funeral plans this morning on my computer I had called my sister. The walkie talkies ring if want them to like a phone so he rang me while I had my sister on the phone. Without thinking that I was already on the phone I told my sister to hold on I had to answer the phone. Doug busted out laughing and then I laughed along with him. Then when I asked him to give me his honest opinion on the squash I cooked today he says, "There's only one problem with this squash........., there's not enough." He is such a character and I am so happy to see him in such good spirits.

befuddled2
befuddled2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote