View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thought the whole point of the sublingual was because it was absorbed faster through the membranes under the tongue. Of course some of it is still going to the digestive track. Ok, back to morning dosing for the B-12, then.

Ah! So the B-6 form that I was taking is possibly not being broken down and used like it should be and is building up. I'll have to see if I can find a formulation of the p-5-p locally and give it a try. I *was* taking what was labeled as a Super-B complex. I can go back to the B-50 complex I was taking before that.

It almost seemed to me that the Magnesium was when the symptoms got worse, on a daily basis.

The entire time I was not taking anything, that roughly two week period, my feet seemed to get better and better as I went along. It took about 3 or 4 days at the start of when I stopped all the vitamins and supplements for the pain to reduce almost completely. I felt guilty and a bit anxious for not taking them. I've noticed things like my fingernails are so much healthier and I don't want to lose those benefits so I began taking what I listed above again.

Yep, Wing, I know what your saying about the symptoms coming and going but even on one of the worst days or worst nights for me it wasn't as bad as it was with the Magnesium or whatever it was that seemed to be triggering the symptoms to get worse rather than better. The worsening for me was a marked change as was the getting better.

Cause and effect I'm well aware of. Especially when one is looking for something, *anything* that might help symptoms get better. If something seems to help I'll try it again. If it continues to help....continue doing it. Sometimes something will work and then the next time not. That doesn't mean it won't ever work again just that there may be other factors involved that weren't there when whatever it was I did *did* work.

It's not just the tingling and burning type symptoms that abated it was the pain in the big toe joints on both feet that have gone as well. As I said, this has been a marked improvement over a fairly short span of time and it wasn't something I was expecting to see. At the time it was more that the symptoms seemed to be getting worse rather than better so why bother with all those mini-meals of vitamins when they didn't seem to be helping but rather the opposite just prior to stopping them. That's what's caused me to look at what I'm taking, again, and wonder if something I had added was causing increased symptoms. My money is actually on the Magnesium or the B-6. The B-12 I'll increase again to levels I was taking before stopping as I've seen no change in symptoms since restarting the B-12. If it was the B-12 even a dose of 1000mcg a day should affect the symptoms. It is possible for me that the B-6 was the start of the problems and the sudden symptoms of pain in the toe joints. And either continuing the B-6 was what was making everything worse or the Magnesium added to it. If I remain stable symptom-wise over the next week with what I'm currently taking I may try adding in the Mag again.

It was just such a marked change and it was consistent from day to day that I have to suspect the vitamins. There's nothing else that's changed.

Barbara