Thread: RSD and sun...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Sorry I didn't reply before. However the laptop deleted my first attempt etc

Thanks for all your responses:

Mary, Thankyou!! I'd forgotten about AC because we just don't use it here as the climate is generally cold not warm! I think I will be taken good care of.. From what I understand my sponser sent one of his secretaries with a list of what I need to the local hospital and is getting it all organised. I think it's worthwhile. I am not making a 100% decision until I know how I am next week... but will let you know xxxxxxxxxxxx

Desi - thanks babe !!! xxxxxxxxx

LinMarie - thanks, you are so right, I do want to go an awful lot!!! I think the flights have been sorted to make it as easy as possible for me... but will let you know when I get back how it was... Thanks xxxxxxx

Roz - I loved some of those burkhas! was abit scared of the masks though! not a fashion item really. Margo has been practising tying the prayer scarves so hopefully we won't get off the plane and then discover we are not fully covered!! you know how it could be! (embarrasing!). I was very keen on the white one... Thanks xxxxxxx

Christine - Good plan about the light colours! I also find that warmth helps me look better and removes some of the ice coldness from my skin...Great plan about sunscreen!!! especially as I am a red head!!! Thanksxxxxx

DiMarie - Thanks! I will not be allowed the air fan apparently because it's disrespectful or something. I guess I will be boiled alive in long sleeves, long pants and a burka...and apparently a prayer scarf as well now. Geez this is getting complicated! I've been invited over by some Muslim friends (my dad is a Muslim) and am trying to not break their traditions but I am pretty ignorant. I feel I can't visit and force my Western ideas on to them.. Heat stroke - good point..! Will definetly watch out for that one. As for cold nights as well! forgotten about that one! Thanks xxxxx

So... Ok.. A bit more luck? Well. My new carer Margo who is South African arrived on Wednesday and she has agreed to accompany me. And guess what? She knows the middle east because she worked as an au paire for one of the princesses there!! suggests that it was supposed to happen I suppose? All I have to do is make sure I don't get worse before we go and that I don't get a pressure sore... then YAY!!!

Thanks so much!!

Frogga xxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote