View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Roxie:

How are you doing tonight?? Hope you're feeling stronger since the IVIG stuff!!

Well, I've been taking care of Alan for 27 years. I expect to be taking care of him for another 27 years. If I don't do it, who will?? (lol)

I'm so used to calling up insurance people, offices, etc. I learned to be courteous, and then grateful, when you get to speak to ANYONE. It's usually a lot of robotic voices until some live person comes on. Drives me nuts but I wait, and I wait, and then eventually, I get to speak to someone.

The annoying thing is when I know I'm right and the insurance company is wrong, and they say "well, I know you are probably right, but it's not coming up on my screen....oh, wait a bit....oh, here it comes....OH YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!

I want to pop someone on the head when that happens.

Oh, something very funny happened to Alan this morning. He must have gotten 5 phone calls in a row from various brokerage companies, mortgage companies and he was sick of saying "not interested".

So some guy calls and identifies himself as Martin Luther somebody or other, and starts to go into a speech about mortgages, and Alan said "oh my god, you're alive???" and the guy was thrown off track and said "I beg your pardon". and Alan started going on and on and I finally grabbed the phone and yelled "we are not interested now, nor will we ever be interested in any mortgage application".

I get at least 20 of these phone calls every day. Yuck.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote