View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default this thing called life ...

Well, I just hit the wrong button again and lost yet another note. Technology is wonderful .... until you hit the wrong button. UGH!!

I've had a good two weeks but they've been busy. My sister and her family drove all the way from Idaho (1800 miles!) to visit us. We went to one of the big name waterparks in the area, Sea World, and just had a lot of fun being together. I have three siblings and her children are the closest in age to ours so we have more in common than my brothers.

My husband is going on business trips starting next week. He has three weeks of back-to-back trips ... is home for one week ... and then has three more weeks of back-to-back trips.

In our 23 years of marriage, he has never, ever travelled that much. Now this is going to be interesting! (Oh, I am trying to renew my passport to accompany him to Barcelona in November).

Because he's going to be gone so much, I'm going to send a note to my close friends inviting them for a little R&R. We're all stressed these days, and especially mom's. (No offense guys!!!) This offers them a little respite with very little, if any, cost.

We sit around and talk, sleep in late, talk, watch TV, talk, soak in the hot tub, talk, swim in the pool, talk, and eat a lot of junk food. Did I forget to mention the word talk??!! It's therapeutic for all of us ... including me!

I just found out yesterday that our two older kids will be coming home next weekend so I'm trying to plan something for the six of us. One thing that was mentioned was miniature golfing.

My daughter has a new boyfriend who I met this summer when I went to Oklahoma for a visit. My husband has yet to meet him but word is that she's bringing him here over the Labor Day weekend. She's our only daughter and is studying Petroleum Engineering. To say that she's the apple of her daddy's eye would be the understatement. I feel sorry for the poor guy!!

Our middle son is set to go to a community college next fall. All I can say is that it's going to be an interesting semester!

I have another appt. to see the neuro on Thursday. I'm coming close to the four year mark (October) so it's time to seriously consider taking Sinemet. I'm beginning to feel like the tin man in the Wizard of Oz!

Okay, have a great week everyone!

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote