View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I did the "Do not Call Registry", when it first came out. Did it twice by the way. Made no difference whatsoever.

Oh, and you will find this interesting. I get a phone call from "John, with the Mortgage Lending Company". then I get a call from "Curtis, with the Lending Network", then I get a call from Bryce Morgan from the Lending Mortgage Network". I get so many of these, (and yes, I asked to speak to a supervisor who tells you "we have removed your name from our list". Never happens.

What did I learn?? that there's an actor, who plays all these roles, and they use his name. He is John, Curtis, Bryce, etc. Same actor, same speech, different mortgage companies. How do I know. I got three in a row and it was the same voice. I had it on my answering machine, and Alan said "that's the same guy, oh my god".

One time, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she began her speech "How may I lower your interest rate today?" and I believe I threatened her with bodily harm if they ever called me again. She quickly said "Oh, we're sorry, we'll put you on our "do not call" list. I said "Lady, you guys have been telling me this nonsense for 6 months now, I get 10 calls a day from you, enough already". She promised it would stop. Yesterday, I got two calls in 5 minutes from "John, with the Lending Network".

Now if anyone out there can find a way to actually stop these calls, well, you'd have my eternal gratitude. So far, all I've been able to do is, when the robotic voice calls, and they prompt you to press 1 to speak to a live operator, and then I demand they remove my name, all they do is promise to remove my name, I then ask to speak to supervisors, and they think it's a joke.

This has to stop. I mean, 10 to 15 times a day, someone wants to refinance my mortgage. I don't have a mortgage. I barely get by as it is. I wish they would just stop already.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote