View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Bob:

I could kiss you. As a matter of fact, I am.

I never agreed with anyone so much in my life.

You are 1000% correct about insurance companies, the government, etc.

And you are dead on about physicians referring other physicians. Before Alan found his beloved Dr. Fred, he had changed his insurance from HealthNet (bad bad bad), to Empire Blue Cross Mediblue - so far, good, no problems, he's had everything covered that has to be covered so we have no complaints). But, when he first got the Empire Blue Cross, we went around the corner to the Medical Building, and we said to ourselves. Wow, right around the corner, and the guy takes Empire (actually the place took all insurances). So Alan got the initial consult with his new primary care guy, the guy was as cold as ice, and then Alan tells him about his neuropathy and Alan told him "well, I've used my podiatrists for over 10 years, and I have faith in him and both my wife and myself use him, and I want to continue to use him". And the doctor says "No, if you come to me, you have to use the podiatrist that I'm affiliated with". Now I knew this was a bunch of baloney so I calmly said "Excuse me, but you are incorrect, we don't have to switch podiatrists, all we have to do is use a podiatrist that accepts our insurance and Alan's podiatrist does indeed do this". The doctor responds "Well, I have my own way of doing things, and I prefer to deal with the podiatrist that I know, so if you use me, you have to use him".

We thanked him for his time, went home, called up Empire and immediately switched to Dr. Fred. See, you have to choose a primary care guy when you switch Medicare HMO's. So we figured, the guy is around the corner from us, how bad can he be?. So when we got home, (after feeling so uncomfortable in his office), we knew we had to find another guy. So we found Dr. Fred. Thank god for that.

And Bob, I saw a program last night on the Science Channel. It was about Pluto. It was discovered 70 or so years ago and now (because we have better technology), we think IT MIGHT NOT BE A PLANET after all). So what are we doing?? We are spending one BILLION dollars to send a spaceship to Pluto, (just to see what's beyond). Now that is just fine, if we took care of the people on earth first (like health insurance, starving kids, housing for the elderly, orphan drugs that keep people alive, IVIG!!!!!). You understand my meaning here.

Last night I started to yell at the tv when the guy was saying "we have to go to Pluto, we are the Plutonians, we are dedicated to finding out the truth about Pluto, and the asteroid belt".

Now if someone could tell me one good reason why learning about Pluto, and the asteroid belt, would benefit the homeless, the hungry, and the un-insured, then I'm all for it.

So until that happens, we have to live with people not being insured, not being covered for certain procedures, well, to me, it just plain stinks. BUT WE'RE GOING TO PLUTO!!!!

I just don't want to vote anymore because no one does anything. They just send more young kids to Iraq and they don't come back.

Shame.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote