View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mark

Because SS does not list RSD as a "listed impairment", but MS is listed, anyway your Dr. than has to submit a list of what limitations RSD has caused for them to be able to decide you need a permit. If you are able health wise to fight this unfair practice-please for all of us do so!! Otherwise they win -we lose: None of us like to think this, but there may be a day you just do NOT feel well enough to walk the extra steps to where you need to go. I am also MAD on your behalf!!!

While we are on the subject of handicapped permits, either placard or a plate, be extra careful in looking around when you get out of your car and when going back to your car. The neuro dr. here said a lot of handicapped people were being picked out and robbed because they make an easier target, sad-but so true. Just last week an elderly couple were robbed at my local food store while walking to their car. Mean,hateful people watch the handicapped spots and see who uses them and uses this information to help decide the next victim. So just be aware at all times, maybe carry pepper spray-if legal in you area- or a extra loud whistle on your keyring. It is not my intention to scare people, just to inform. Carose

Last edited by carose; 08-05-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
carose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote