View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

more to our saga...got a call last night from an intern, they took an x-ray of my moms hip that they had replaced a week before the intestinat disaster.. a month ago, and it is dislocated! How much more can she stand...so today they were going to take her to an operating room, give sedation and manipulate to hopefully get it back into place. My big concern is obviously another step back with the dementia and anesthesia, they assured it me it would be very brief, no intubation and hopefully it will pop back in, if not, surgery next week for a revision. I have had a phone set up in her room, and call her 4-5 times a day..and she seems to be coming around... but this of course will be another setback.

My question is...how did this happen, my mother hasn't moved on her own in 4 weeks!!! They have put her in some kind of "lift" to get her out of the bed into a chair...and I bet any money..thats when it happened....it just drives me nuts..that she keeps coming up with new crap she has to deal with that is no fault of her own...I fly there in less than 2 weeks from here in Colorado...and I have told the Dr. I want her back at her "home" by the time I get there...I don't care if she is walking or not....we will get her walking..this is ridiculous..the longer she is in the hospital..the more bad stuff and pain she is being put through, and the harder it will be with the dementia, she needs some normalcy in her life!

as of 6:30 eastern time..they have not taken her to the OR yet...I doubt it will happen today..the system in Canada..is just crazy...so she sits there waiting with a dislocated hip...and I sit here in Colorado worried sick. I call her every 4 hours...and she actually has moments that I can hear "my mom"...I told her what is happening..and to hang in there..and she says "I'm not going to worry about ..it will happen when it happens"...and then thanks me for all I do for her : ( ....and I feel so helpless...ARRGH..

Will update

Thanks for reading...it just helps to get it out!

c
carrie12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote