View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

((Missy))

It breaks my heart to hear that Kevin is going through such a rough time, I always have looked at you guys in amazement-even though we have disagreed in the past about stuff. It doesn't change how amazing Kevin is, and you too.

Are regressions part of DOOSE?

We just had Ri's IEP and it really hurt having to back her goals WAY down. She has never met a single goal they made, and at the time they were attainable. Now well, we are hoping for her to just get 1/2 the alphabet down by the end of the year. It is easier to deal with, or maybe understand is a better word since we were told she did have Lennox Gastaut, just Epilepsy didn't cut it. I know several adults with Epilepsy who are just the same as any of us, smart, have jobs ect... It didn't make sense until we were told about the lennox gastaut.

Not that any of it is ever "easy" to take, but at least we know a little better what to expect, it has been a lot easier for me to know that to expect her to have complete seizure control is not possible, I mean it still sucks on days like today, her birthday and she has spent 80% of the day on the couch, either seizing or post ictial. She has gotten up and played a little between...

Anyway, I just wanted to share a ......
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote