View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The first time I got my disabled placard I went down to the DMV myself, with the information the doctor had given me in the form . Human interaction is always an important step ,especially the first time . You can explain things to a clerk( gov. employee ) who has no medical back round that they may not understand at all without you.It could mean the difference between getting the card and not.
Now they just send me 2 or 3 year renewal placards in the mail like clockwork.

I agree with the other posters who said that your doctor should write your limitations in the form, not just a diagnosis-remember who is reading this information - .
I believe I first got a card for severe TOS.
Now most DMV workers don't know a thing about thoracic outlet syndrome ,nor was it listed a an "acceptable handicapped disorder" at that time ,but my neurologist wrote that I was unable to carry anything for short distances, or walk for any length of time and carry my arms

The description of my limitations was much more beneficial than the name of the disease itself.I spoke briefly with the clerk and passed

Please try again Mark and maybe go down yourself with a more descriptive analysis of your limitations in the form .I am sure your Doctor will be more than happy to help you out.

I really think you will come away successful !!!!!!!!!!
and your chin will be way up

Peace

GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote