View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update

Hi everyone...

again, thanks to everyone for your stories and how you've been coping and recovering from this awful thing...

the headaches started getting really severe, and being so isolated i started to get very worried (interpretation = "i freaked") and went back to the doctor (another hour and a half drive on dirt road through the bush to get there)...

the doctor told me quite honestly that if there were anything else wrong with me that they couldn't do anything, so i was best off going home to where my support systems are, along with medical care on the door step, instead of being so far away... she said she could arrange for a medical certificate and all i had to do was arrange the flights... so off i toddled and booked my flights....

ok, next time remind me to discuss flying with you guys before i do that again!!! to get home from where i work takes three airflights, all from 2.5hrs up to 4hrs...

i was apprehensive to start off with, which i thought was kinda reasonable... plane took off and within a half hour to 45mins i was ready to rip my head off... the pain was so intense, even though i'd dosed up on painkillers before taking off...

plane landed and i almost kissed the ground when i got off the plane... i was alive and pretty happy about it... i thought very long and hard about it and decided that i wasn't going to keep going... wimping out was much better than continuing with the pain i'd been going through...

i took myself off to the nearest hospital and spoke to a doctor about it... he suggested that with my sinuses, i had experienced a sinus squeeze, where an air bubble has expanded and had nowhere to go - similar to needing to equalise your ears when scuba diving - and that was what had caused the pain... he suggested that i could take some pseudoepherdrene, except that would just cause high blood pressure and cause the headaches to get worse... he also suggested that i not fly for at least another three weeks...

so, now i'm stuck in the city of Perth, the capital of Western Australia... thankfully, my family all love me and all wanted to come to my rescue... my younger sister is flying in tomorrow night and then together we're going to catch the train over to the east coast to Sydney, which will take three days, followed by another train in order to get to Canberra... (whooops, wiping away tears again - wishing they would stop leaking out of my eyes!)

so, lesson i've learnt? don't bang head during car accident... *lol*

carol
cassical is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote