View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A question for all........

I don't recall this being discussed before, but you know these ms brains. I was wondering how many here use wheelchairs, scooters, any type wheels because your legs no longer work? Also, did you use any of the CRABS, LDN, etc. at some point in the course of your ms?

It seems like many are still functioning fairly normally, working, driving, etc., and after reading the comments in another thread about a high percentage of MSers not ending up using wheelchairs, I was curious if this is really true. Perhaps age has something to do with it also. Personally I'm now 63 (YIKES!), SPMS, and have been using "wheels" for around three years. At diagnosis 17 years ago there were no CRABS, but when Beta came along I tried it with horrible side effects. Also tried Avonex and developed Fibromyalgia, on to Novantrone, only two doses because of side effects. Now LDN and have remained about the same, I only wish my neuro would have gone along with my request for it earlier in the "game".

Perhaps now with so many drugs available right from the start, fewer MSers will end up in chairs. Hope you'll feel like joining in on our little survey so we can compare our NT group with the "Average".

Hope your day is going as well as possible.

Hugs..........and chocolate........

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote