View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I have been dx for 16+ yrs and am 48 yrs old. I have been paralyzed on two occasions, and did not get out of bed for most of 3 months each time. It took me two years to recover (as much as I was going to) from those two attacks. I was able to walk well after the first one (in 1991), and much less distance after the second one (in 2003).

I have considered a scooter for when I need to shop, or for holidays and such. Normally I can only walk about 2 blocks at a time, but if I am just walking around the house/yard intermittently, I can go mostly all day. Walking and standing tires me out, but since I no longer work, I can usually rest as required.

I went on LDN in early 2005. Back then, I was in terrible shape in many ways, even two years after the last big attack (and several medium ones). I immediately stopped having back-to-back attacks, and within 9 months of using LDN, my EDSS dropped one point. I have remained stable (fluctuations occuring only from infection/way overdoing things) since going on LDN.

There is no scientific evidence at this time, and I doubt there ever will be, but I believe that for the people that LDN works well for, they will stabilize as much as can be possibly hoped for from any drug. As you said, the trick is starting early enough in the disease process.

I hope this upcoming trial in San Fran proves that LDN can be taken with the interferons too, not just Copaxone. I think we will see a change in the course of this disease process in a BIG way, once more people get access to this drug.

Cherie