View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Imaginary Vacation

Does post-op recovery count as a vacation? I expect to be in lala land most most of the time, after surgery. I've already put out a disclaimer friends and family to disregard anything unusual or hurtful I may say while under the influence for the next couple of months.

Surgery date was moved up...it's now August 14th--a week from tomorrow!! I am excited and nervous, and ready to get it over with. Anticipation kills me.

My step-sons (10 and 14 yrs) just finished visiting us for 2 weeks straight...it was so nice to spend so much time with them. We usually only see them every other weekend, but we try to get them for a couple of weeks during the summer. We didn't think we'd get to this year b/c of my husband's work schedule, but it changed suddenly, and we were able to get them! I think of them as my own, and my husband is very close to them, so he loves every minute he gets to spend with them. We didn't do anything special, just playing cards and video games, watching movies, staying up late, and they taught us how to download music off the internet. We're hooked now!!

Shellie
shelliemac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote