View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cure for Acne while on Methylcobalamin

Hi All,
It looks like I found something that may help patients that develop cystic acne as a result of taking injectable methylcobalamin. After my outbreak, the worst I ever had, I went to a dermatologist who prescribed solodyn (135mg 1Xday). Solodyn is a new generation tetracycline that specifically targets red puss filled nodules. After three weeks of taking this medication, the cysts completely cleared. I do have some residual brown spots, but they have begun to fade. Because the solodyn worked, I have resumed methylcobolamin injections and have not encountered any nodules.

As mentioned earlier, methylcobolamin is working beautifully in resolving my nine year bout of facial neuropathy, originally thought to be auto-immune disease. My neuropathy was so intense, that the skin on my cheeks became shiney and painfully tight. These patches were diagnosed as scleraderma by several rheumatologists. Although methylcobalamin caused my acne, it also caused the skin and texture of my skin to revert back to a healthy glow. No more shiney painful patches. Other beneficial reactions include better sleep, increased energy, clear thinking, and a calmer demeanor. Moreover, I'm no longer depressed about my health. All in all, the combination of solodyn and methylcobolamin has proven to be a life saver!

As a side note, my doctor switched me to cyanacobalamin in hopes of reducing the cysts when they first appeared. I do not know if cyanacobalamin mitigated the acne, because during that time I started solodyn. However, I can say that cyanacobalmin did not improve my neuropathy. In fact, I don't think cyanacobalamin did anything for me, although I am aware that it is used for pernicious anemia. When I resumed methylcobalamin injections, everything improved again.

Hope this helps!!
paulmethyl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote