View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Jarrett and Mark...NO it's not

in your head...ABSOLUTELY it is not in the HEAD!
One of the things I learned pretty much the HARD way last year was about how B-6 is snuck into other supplements...it was 400x mdr in my multi b complex, in my calcium supplement in my fish oil...AND to make it worse, some vitamins cannot be taken near [time-wise] your pain meds.
It is spelled out in very fine print-I believe in a way not to be noticed and is very hard to find.
In my case, it was well-I used to take my thyroid med...wait 20-30 minutes then take my neurontin equivalent... Well, don't you know in that fine print they should ideally be taken 2-3 hours apart! Or the effectiveness of one or the other will be lessened or increased. And...then they can't be taken anywhere near any calcium supplements or you mite have similar effects/problems.
Docs aren't pharmacists, nor should they be...I suspect what they know of current pharmacological developments come from sales reps...and we all know how neurontin was initially sold then SOLD and not really tested. The initial 'testing' of neurotin was 4 years ago totally anecdotal from individual reports of off label usage from 150 users! Thus WE have to be the 'researchers'. I've cross referenced my med reactions -both common and uncommon and in that process I found out this stuff. Any drug cross check program doesn't include the lesser s/e's and I feel, somehow we are more susceptable to those lesser ones as well as the biggies. Doing the lists to cross reference was a pain where I've already some, but that I found at least 6 cross med/supplement reactions that wouldn't have been seen otherwise. It was worth the effort for my own peace of mind - tho a pain to put into practice
So, when you add supplements, do it ONE by ONE carefully...I've become very careful and suspcious about what I add [what it really is made up of] and when I add a new one, I make sure nothing else different is medically or supplement-wise changed while I try the NEW THING. That way I can more easily discern if it's helping [thru blood tests etc.] and not hurting. It gets confusing. I wish we were plain SIMPLER in what we have to do to try to get well. Maybe we at times...well, try too hard?
I hope this helps - and not confuse things more...we are already confused-Least I AM! - Good thoughts to all and pain free moments a-plenty! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote