View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heya Desi,

That sucks my dear!! However... PTs can try you on things if they think that it might help you and as the others have said, some people are helped by it, some aren't. However. I have had a ligament disease (HMS) since I was young and though it didn't cause too much discomfort I did get alot of stabbing pain going through my neck from HMS, too much hockey, netball, climbing, rugby, sailing and too much music (double bass, accordian, piano to name but a few) and it did help then - but that might be because it was more muscley pain that say neuropathic pain.

However, after getting RSD I started using it on my neck and upper spine again to try and get some relief in my arms - as there was no way that ANYTHING was touching my arms... I found it did help if it was set on the weird buzzy frequency. Instead of it sending little shots out it would instead just start buzzing. I would then turn the voltage up until it numbed parts of my neck and spine and I think it helped.

Gel - if you don't use it then the electricity doesn't conduct as well. Also if you damp the pads before putting them on your skin they conduct better (well, mine used to!).

I used to use a different one which worked in a similar way to an SCS but it didn't make that much difference to me unfortunatly, but some people recommended it as the non surgical version of SCS..

erm... that's it for now!!! LOL

sending you tons of love!!!

Frogga xxxxxxxxxx

PS Shoulder is back in..!!!!! since Saturday!!
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote