Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Drawings at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAarchitect View Post
You have brought up what is my daytime issue. I get neck spasms during the day. If I do drawings at work they almost always start up. I have to be very careful when I excersice bc I want to tense up my neck and then they start again... The spasms don't really happen at night. My head is typically very happy to be supported. At night I just get the throbbing...feels like when your band aid is too tight. I can literally hear/feel my neck pulse throbbing. If I move my neck/head I can get it to stop but inevitably my neck slumps over a bit and it starts up again. I am just curious if anyone else get the throbbing.
Jsut from your name and mentioning the drawing LA, it sounds like ergonomics, but you likely figured that out. can you get work to have an OT go over thw worksite, give them a heads up of daytime fatigue...inciting tightness and throbbing at night,

Your head should not be rolling forward to look down...I knot it is not idea, for you, but eye height and ams at arm rest areas,
Every day that your work with a repetative strain injuryis a new inury, they are collective.

I just broke my heart reading last night, a dear friend doing a lot of computer work for her job, just crying in pain that felt like her body had an abcess pain.

Can you brainstorm or seek out an OT to try and reduce this daytime problem, so the stangling at night calms down?

I forgot if you had a diagx, surgery, are cervical ribs, vascular or what...brain over load as I am pursuing a second social work job part time.
I will seartch out your history though on the other thread.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote