View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi K*L*D,

Thanks for the link.

The deficits I have from the stroke are on the left side, from the under arm area to my toes and the trunk, numbness, severe pain, and weakness in my leg. The weakness varies, and can be affected by how much I use it, or can be affected even when not used much. The pain can also vary in degree, and is affected greatly by things like being touched by clothing, bedding, a shoe on my left foot, sitting, being touched by people hugging me, activity, etc.

It also altered my ability to feel heat and cold on the left side. Hot feels luke warm, and cold is very painful.

The surgery to embolize the AVM and aneurysm made the deficits on the left side caused by the AVM rupture ( resulting and stroke) to become worse, and also caused the right side of my trunk to go numb. Fortunately I don't have the pain on the right side that I do on the left, or the altered ability to feel heat and cold.

So other than the weakness, there is not any paralysis, per se. Otherwise, I hope I answered your question.

AVM rupture 2002. Both embolized in 2006, AVM obliterated.

AVM grown back, 2010. Aneurysm still embolized. Waiting to have AVM re-embolized.

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia.

Last edited by amethyst_myst; 09-25-2006 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Misspelling
amethyst_myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote