View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Searching for Answers

Hello to all my new FM buddies - hope the day holds a little ray of sunshine for you somewhere. I am stiffening up because I'm typing this at the library as I don't have internet at home and I am being blasted by freezing air-conditioning even though I am rugged up. (Winter in Australia!) I posted a question on the main site and Chemar kindly gave me the Fibro Forum site so thank you to all who have already answered and I may be doubling up, but I thought I'd be thorough and ask again as my quest is getting urgent!

Does anyone know if PROLAPSE (I have had prolapse of the Uterus and now have prolapse of the bladder) is part of FM?!! My Gyno and Neurologist don't know. I had a hysterectomy last year and am now booked in for an op for the bladder prolapse but not keen if it is part of FM and likely to re-occur!!

I don't have the "Irritable Bladder" symptoms of FM (Urgency/Frequency etc) too much - if so I think it's cause I drink such a lot of water because of the meds, but I have PROLAPSE even though I have none of the usual reasons - having kids, age or being overweight.

Also wondering if it even is PROLAPSE (feels like I have an egg inside me and have to squeeze hard to keep it in!) or if this is just spasmed FM muscles mimicking it, just like the rest of me spasms.

Anyone with similar experiences? Please help - need to make a decision re this op. Not keen to have it....

Luv from Sydney, Mel
Melinda Page is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote