View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi, Mel, hi, TinkieAnne

I agree with TinkieAnne -- ALMOST TOTALLY

I've had fibromyalgia since 1990. It's actually pretty stable now -- thanks to Effexor XR.

Since they don't know what causes any of these: fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and multiple sclerosis and reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome -- I'm sure they don't know all the implications.

In all the reading that I've been doing (over 17 years worth), I've never seen an association made between fibromyalgia and uterine prolapse.

That said, there is a treatment for uterine prolapse. If I were in your shoes, I would get the uterine prolapse repaired. There's not enough evidence to indicate that this is a result of fibromyalgia and, therefore, there's not enough evidence to indicate that treating the uterine prolapse would mean that you'd have to repair it again because of the fibromyalgia.

In my opinion, and this is only MY opinion, you have to work with the best evidence that's available now.

I think all of us who suffer with these immune system dysfunctions are the parakeets in the mineshaft -- the early warning system that our planet is too polluted.

In the meantime, us parakeets need to keep our bodies as healthy and as repaired as possible. I just have a very strong gut instinct that we're going to see a 'cure' or a very good treatment for all these diseases. We should be ready for that.

Hugs. And welcome to NeuroTalk.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote