Thread: Our Pets
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
I was taught growing up that there was no heaven for our animals, they just ceased to be, but I could never believe that. God gives us each other and our pets. It is what makes life bearable during the worst and makes life a joy the rest of the time.
((trekker)) Oh contrare, our animal companions have as much heart and soul as we do, as we all here know, I'm sure.

You know how animals just know when things aren't right with you? Whenever I've been sick or down for the count, whatever reason, my animals pile around me and stay with me, only getting up to take care of their own needs. Then they're right back at my side. It amazes me.

I feel your pain. I just lost my Sweetie Pie on May day, and I wasn't expecting to. She'd been sick for sometime but it was happening so gradually. She was full of cancer. She was my tortie cat and queen of the house.

After I let her go, my folks thought they might have to put me inthe hospital! I had that kind of reaction where I was just wailing in grief. I couldn't even stay in my own home. I stayed with my folks for 3 days while they went to my home and cleared all evidence of Sweetie Pie.

I miss her so much. And at the age of 57, I've lost a lot of pets along my life journey. Every time it's hard. But I'm still mourning my Sweetie Pie, miss her terribly.

Yes, I feel your pain. ((hugs))

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote