Thread: Blurry Vision
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 06:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sue,

This is common, however, there could be so many causes I don't want to direct you on what to do short of saying you should get checked out as soon as possible. I will also tell you what mine do.

When I have smaller seizures (focals, if you will) my vision will blur, get fuzzy, etc. I also have had several cases of feeling like I am on a boat (rocking when I'm not) - that usually accompanies my blurred vision. The best way I had this caught was going through about 3 hours of testing with an optometrist who has experience in working with people who have seizure disorders, head injuries, etc. She -knows- what to watch for, making it easier for her.

My eyes sometimes wont focus at all, if I weren't able to talk and whatnot, I'd have a similar reaction as someone who is in a coma. My Trigeminal Neuralgia can act up causing this, too - so I always have to 'test' myself to see who I get to blame. Normally, when my eyes do this my right pupil will be large while the left remains small. This doesn't always happen, but when it is severe, it is.

Regardless of the causes, you should let your doctor know about this and go get your eyes checked. There could be so many reasons behind this, so don't blow it off.

Best of luck to you and make sure you give updates!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote