View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Once upon a time, I was a hard working a/p clerk, when I started experiencing hand pain, numbness, and hands that fell asleep alot. The neuro shocked and stabbed me, sent me to p/t and then decided, since the tests were not conclusive that I needed carpel tunnel surgery on both hands because I fit the profile. I was also told to find a job where I wouldn't need to use my hands. That was 1990.

Ten years ago, I was dxed with RRMS after again being shocked and stabbed this time for a numb right foot and leg. Hand pain, etc, was a fact of life by then. I had tightness around my rib cage and that warrented an emergency MRI and LP. Following a 3 week headache and 9 tries to draw blood for the blood patch, I wonderously was able to return to work.

Seven years ago I began the abnormally difficult task of proving I was disabled and finally was rewarded with SSDI and became dependent on living with family to make ends meet. That was after spending Memorial and July 4th holidays in the hospital in 1998 for IV Solumedrol and related craziness.

I am now nearly 43, and am in so much pain that I am a crabby *itch alot. I've yet to find anything in life where hands are not required. My legs work most of the time. Although they tend to steer me towards corners and doorways. Bruising is just a sign I got out of bed today. Exertion and heat cause major tinglies in the thighs especially. Fatigue is just another word for no housework today. To look at me you couldn't tell I had MS. I even took up darts so I could be in bars, not drinking, and still fit in with my wobbling and general clummsiness.

I've tried CAR meds (no B) and if it wasn't high fevers and achiness that caused me to stop it was the permanent dents from injecting that did. I took Imuran for 4 years in OH. stopping only for lack of funds. I finally had my neuro put me back on it in 12/06. Now my new doc says there is a lifetime limit for taking Imuran, and I may have to find something else, when all I want is a little relief from pain.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION

Last edited by MSacorn; 08-07-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spellcheck
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote