View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nancy. You know Alzheimer's and Dementia are much alike in the symtoms. Just the aging process will cause short term memory loss as well as other things.
My MIL was dx;ed with Alzheimer's Disease in her early 60's that scares me, I'll be 64 next week. Oh well, now I can blame everything on hubby.lol I'm older that he is , about 4 1/2 years.

It is a very sad way to end one's life. I mean as in dying with natural causes.

I'm under the weather, horrible chest thingy. Doesn't want to go away. Nancy, did you say you were the Moderator in the Alz. & Dem. room? Well it is nice to meet you nevertheless.

I'm hoping things will be helpful for those that want to take part in this forum. There are so very many stages it is not simple to say what stage a patient is in. I don't think that works very well anyway. MIL will be here for a week or a few, then she slides down, way down.

Well, I do hope we have a good forum here. I feel it's needed and it sure does help when the patient is hard to handle. Perhaps we can share bits and pieces of info. That can be very valuable.

Well, good luck to all and if you are an Alzheimer's patient, feel free to come too. After all, you know first hand how things feel. In the "old" forum we had several that were patients and they were very helpful.

Take care all and blessings to all. JoJo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote