View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question So should i or should i not take b12 vitamin?

A few days ago i posted some questions about autoimmune neuropathies. Melody recomended that i take Methyl b12, because of the benefits she's received from it. So when i read her post, i decided to take it. I had some difficulties because iherb does no ship to Mexico, but i finally found someone from the Staes who is willing to order it and take it to me here. So before i start taking b12 i would like you to help me understand somethings because i have been reading all kinds of contradictory information.

First i read on another post it is recommended to take ONLY Methyl b12, since b12 is the vitamin required for nerve repair. But i read on another post that taking all the b complex is better because having just one type of the b complex can actually lead to some sort of imbalance. So what is the truth, or what do you think is the best in my case (i have an autoimmune neuropathy, i expirience pins, needles, numbness and other weird sensations in my legs). I also read taking only Methyl b12 is better because it can better be absorbed by the body. So, what do you think?? should i take methyl b12 or the whoe b vitamin complex?? I case i decide to take only b12 vitamin (which i am likely going to do, due to Mel's incredible improvement), how should i take it?? What is the recommended dose??

I was also reading someone mentioned vitamin b6 can worsen neuropathy. Is this true?? Is this suppossed to mean that taking b vitamin complex is not a good idea??

An other question. Do you think Methyl b12 can only hel people with diabetic neuropathy. My neuropathy is, as i mentioned before, immune mediated, so taking methyl b12 is as useful no matter the underlying cause of the neuropathy??

I would also like to know if you think taking so many vitamins can lead to mor issues. I am currently on vitamin c and e (it was prescribed by a doctor) and i am also on imuran, novotiral and other stuff. What do you think guys???

Well, last but not least. I decided to give hyperbaric medicine a try. Here in Mexico it is not as expensive as it is in the states. I am paying 350 pesos per session which is about 35 american dollars. To me that's affordable. I have good expectations about it, i know no medicine is magic and i know that if ti works it will take time. The doctor explained how healing occurs, and how important oxygen is in this process. There'e a woman in the clinic who told me how better she was after 15 sessions. I have been experiencing what i call "healing sensations". I think this might be to a healing process acceleration. I will definetly keep you informed about the outcome, just in case you're interested.

Thank you everybody.
Monica de Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote