View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Most people can convert the cyanocobalamin form to a smaller amount of methylcobalamin. The reason to take methylcobalamin if you can get it (thanks to your angel you did ) is that it covers some unlikely possibilities. It just makes sense to take the best when you can.

Cyanocobalamin has saved lives and helped people repair for decades. Methylcobalamin is just better.

It is good to take a B complex (also, and at a different time) just because you might not have the optimal amount of one of the other vitamins, and the body can't do its best work if it doesn't have the tools. With B12, there isn't a need to worry about imbalance.

Methylcobalamin isn't the only one that can be absorbed. When a large enough dose is taken at one time, even those with severe malabsorption can benefit.

Methylcobalamin dose: at least 1000 mcg, and many times more is safe.

Too much B6, or too little B6, can cause nerve problems. Don't take huge doses. Most B complex keep it down to 50 mg or less. That is good, although damage is very rare even at 200 mg.

Yes, methylcobalamin is good to take no matter what the cause. And studies have shown it helpful even in some cases where there is no deficiency.

If you read my website (not a lot, but very important information), more of your questions about B12 will be answered.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angie4074 (01-12-2012), MarcS (01-12-2012)