View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cs

When the time comes for all of us to pay the piper there also comes the time to look at what is happening around us. While I agree with the majority of what you have said there also comes the reality of the human content.

Many people have had the same conditions happen to them that you talk about and it was not because of Parkinsons or any other disease. We are not a nice entity on this planet and you only have to listen and watch the politicians and the scientists and of course the media to see and hear all the lies and false innuendoes that make the buck for the majority in this world.

You must not be born in a weakened condition be it health or money or merely sexual orientation to suffer the same fate as you relate.

Of course if you are talented and very good looking you can beat the odds on the last choice. But if you are not then that will be your lot.

Women have known this for all of their lives and now the men in our new affluent society are finding it out the hard way.

I feel for those who have Parkinsons as I do for many others in the same boat. But I don't for one minute think the world is going to step in and help them out, at least not as a group.

They will provide these houses of refuge that you mention but they will be for all who suffer and the need will be for all to be housed together. There will be no recogniltion for the specific needs of one group or another as that would be too simple for us to do. Instead of concentrating on one disease or another they will keep on trying to mesh us all together and it won't ever work.

I am finding this out now as did Tena when she had to go to the hospital and they treated her so badly.

They see the handicapped as a special breed of human, a handicaped person needing care. Of course they then run to their books again to see what exactly this one needs. Well some do and some don't even do that.

They know what your problem is so why don't you let them fix it. They think?

The time has come for the Parkinson community to do it themselves and find the funding required. I have heard it talked about before on this forum both here and at Braintalk but no one has taken the cause and run with it.

They have talked about it on the Als forum as well but the complications there run so much deeper that it is not a viable endeavor but here it is possible.

Just think where Fred would be today if we had of started it back then.

Is it too late Chuck for all of us or can we at least put the ball into play.

There she goes talking like a Parkie again. Well maybe in my heart I am one.

It's I think it's your bed time down there so sleep wella and good dreams
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote