View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Had an appointment w/ the rheumie today.. this was my first with him.. I went for a second opinion after the first guy spent 10 minutes ordered tests and dismissed me as having a virus.

This guy seems great... we spent an hour going over everything... He actually LOOKED at my joints and tested my reflexes and found the reflex for the right knee that my other doc counldn't locate!! Very very happy about that!!

He ordered a ton more blood work.. (sjogrens is among it) and (thanks Mel )he said that depending on these results, a LP is in the plan or a nerve biopsy. My mother had Reynaud's syndrome so that's being checked. ...as is scleraderma and CREST syndrome.. I have a dear friend w/ scleraderma and it is a sad horrible thing..

I know so much about those diseases from reading and reading and reading trying to find wht's wrong... that when he asks a question about losing hair and ulcers... I know what he's looking for.

I felt like someone listened.. I felt as if he would try forever til he found the issue causing this..

I haven't taken any vitamins in over a week... so the blood work should show all that is wrong
babs3169 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote