View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default alternative treatments, etc...

PCS McGee-- ...have you done any of the other light therapy/treatments you mentioned in this & other posts?? Many are very skeptical of these "alternatives" . I've found these non-invasive treatments can be very helpful and as you shared can have amazing results.

I 'm getting Phontonic Stimulation treatments for chronic pain I've had since accident 12 yrs ago when I was hit by car as pedestrian--TBi & other injuries.
Head injury 8 mths ago exaccerbated pain disorders and ongoing problems /issues of PCS.
Photon therapy has helped pain --not a "cure" but impressive localized relief . Intend to continue; Dr to do some other Light therapy focused on TBi/PCS issues. will update ...

I wanted to relay my friend's Positive experiences w/ EMDR --I've not been able to reply due to PC connection & other problems. . My friend does not have PCS/TBi. but said EMDR has helped her immensely w/ past trauma. She said it is initially intense, but eventually the painful events "lose" power & impact. and the results worthwhile ...

want to add that I "tried" EMDR after pedestrian accident for PTSD . I did not find it helpful. May've been the DR or was just me.... I've heard of others who've been greatly helped by this.

If you do try EMDR or other alternatives, please share . Hope you/all find things that help.
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote