Thread: What to do.....
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaykir View Post
I was very happy that 'Ol CS posted this, He is so right. We only look at this forum about once a week because y'all seem to be doing so well and we found it depressing to us.

And sorry Charlie - but DBS is NOT always such a great deal. Sure it has taken some symtoms away (for which we are grateful) but it has NOT given Kevin any more mobility and it has not increased his stamina or ability to function.

K & G
programming is certainly issue with DBS as is medicinal adjuncts. I would urge you to pursue these avenues, if you have not already. I'll be the first to admit that there are entirely too many unhappy DBS'ers out there. (1 is too many) It is also true that most DBS failures are from programming issues, poor lead placement and to a somewhat lesser extent hardware issues. This is why I always say get to the BEST team you can, even if it means flying to them.

As far as stamina goes, that is a product of a sedentary life-style. Get him a stationary bike and tell him if he doesn't ride it, I'll show up and kick his ***!!!....LOLl

seriously, we have a strange kind of depression, it is apathy. WE are not sad, just don't feel like getting off our asses and doiing anything. I have to be on the lookout for this behavior in my life and get thru it. Exercise is the key.

Which exercise?? The one you do!!

Gayle;
we have some very sick people here. We minimise our problems in order to give others hope. read between the lines........

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote