Thread: Back from neuro
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to be the pessimist here, Charlie, but emotional illness is often harder to cure than something like PD. and is has a commonality with PD - it's all in our head (pun intended). No matter what they end up giving you as a diagnosis, you have friends here!

However, Mamafigure, I sometimes think we(and doctors) use trauma and our past as a crutch (this is going to be hard to explain). And PLEASE know that I am not referring to you specifically, because I don't know that much about your situation. What I am about to say applies to everyone who has ever had anything go terribly wrong in his/her life.... (that would be about 99.9% of the population!) I would love for those reading to critique and comment on my theory on life. Some may be plagarized, but not much in thde written word is original.

Here goes with my attempt at an explanation. I think I will "peg" these as "Peg's Altruisms or How to Deal With Life."

1. You don't have to be rich to be rich.

2. You are your own worst enemy.

3. Take one day at a time. Only look back to see how far you have come.

4. If you dwell on the past - you live in the past. If you dwell in the future - you live in the future.

5. You only get one body, and it has its limits. You only get one mind, and its potential is infinite.

6. Believe in yourself, but believe you need a higher being or force to monitor and check. You can't do it alone.

7. Trust some, but not everyone. Be suspicious of some, but not everyone.

8. You definitely can't take it with you, but don't hoard it up for somebody else when you are gone. Enjoy what you have NOW!

9. Everybody is good at something. If you can't find it, let someone else show you (but it takes more than one person).

10. Finally, no matter what you think - SOMEBODY CARES AND LOVES YOU!

Peggy (Sincerely!)
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote