View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
Hi Thelma

This was just his anger speaking - it's not his main focus in life. He lives in the present.

I don't really believe in "heroes" anyway - only people who occasionally do heroic acts, and that includes all of humanity. I do consider him a "warrior" in the true sense though. He's a good man - a good husband, father, and member of his community. He protects and provides for his people.

He had it hard growing up. He gets a lot of grief from non-natives for not living up to their stereotypical expectations of the noble warrior or mystic Indian. We all have a right to vent and be heard when angry. I think it keeps up balanced.

I won't make any judgments on Leonard - he never got a fair trial. However, IF it's true - maybe he should have picked up a pen instead of a gun.
What a strong response.

It raises a question for me, though... about picking up a pen instead of a gun...

I used to really believe that the pen was mightier than the sword... but in my privy pit fight... boy, the media has certainly worked against me... first the newspaper, then the newspaper's view being picked up by the television station whose page I happened on...

It's very distressing to see a bulk of people misinformed and relying on the misinformation.

The War in Iraq, you could say that was a result of the pen... the media made it seem so important for our safety...

Should we distrust the pen, when wielded by those with inordinate power to persuade... by means of distribution...

?????????