View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am also pretty sure that i have PN from toxins but will never really know for sure. The most important thing is to stop being exposed to whatever toxins are harming you. You can get better over time if you do this and take other steps such as nutrition and exercize to heal over time. It isnt a rapid process of recovery usually.

my symptoms are nothing like yours. I have bilateral, and symmetrical numbness and pain in my hands and feet and lower legs. It may feel worse or better for periods of time but it never goes away in those areas and hasnt spread to other areas. From what research i did, and I may not be totally correct, but from what i understand nerve damage from toxins is usually distal first, hands and feet, symmetrical, relatively equal on both sides, and bilateral, both sides of feet or hands etc.

The electrical tests he or she is talking about is electromography/nerve conduction study, which is used to among other things detect PN in the long myelinated fibers. Evenif this test is negative it doesnt mean you dont have PN, it could be short fiber PN or it may not be progressed enough in the long fibers to be detectible in the long fibers yet. There are other tests to get in that case. As a matrer of fact if you check out www.lizajane.org you can get a better idea of possible and needed testing based on your type of PN.

Hopefully when you have your EMG/ncs they will check for impingement in the lumbar, cervical, and shoulder areas which could be causing intermittant symptoms.

Managing your symptoms is important while you search for a cause because it could be a very long search.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote