View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To Rose and Joe

Thanks for the information, I started taking supplements a while ago but found certain ones like calcium and magnesium actually made the problem worse and also acetyl l carnitine and alpha lipoic acid made the symptoms worse but only when the symptoms were noticable, when the symptoms have subsided somewhat (except for the tingling in hands and feet which are always present to varying degrees) then these supplements dont make anything worse,its very strange.

Rose, I have started taking Jarrow forumlas Methylcobalamin yesterday after my visit to the neurologist,I was holding back taking them until I had seen him incase he needed to do further B12 tests.I am taking 1mg a day,should that be enough to take to begin with? I have never been a heavy drinker or a heavy smoker, I have taken substances in the past though which I think may have caused these problems,thankfully I no longer take anything anymore.A harsh lesson learned.....

Joe, thanks for the info about the electrical test I now know what to expect in 4 months time.And what you were saying about toxic neuropathy being distal first, hands and feet, symmetrical, relatively equal on both sides, and bilateral, both sides of feet or hands seems to ring very true thats exactly how mine started.It wasn't one hand or one foot it was both sides at the same time BUT I also had it on my face and arm long before I noticed anything wrong with my feet or hands.I am really glad to hear that it may indeed heal itself over time, has your PN got any better?
Mark._. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote