View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I happen to smoke...I state it flatly and without reservation - with the qualifiaction: That to quit smoking now could probably do more damage to my overall systems more than not smoking........I have not seen one definitive connection between smoking and PN..............
Honestly Melody, There ARE NO DOCUENTABLE correlations!!!!!!!!!!
There is NOT ONE SCIENTIFIC STUDY with any correlation
to smoking and PN !!
I am a smoker !
I am not idiopathic!
I have axonal sensory polyneuropathy caused by chemical toxins and alcohol.
I have smoked most of my adult life.
I have stopped smoking at times.
Cigarettes do not make my PN worse, or better.
I have no immediate plans to stop again, unless someone can prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that smoking will worsen my PN condition.
Ever since Dr. Everett Poofball was the Dr supreme of the USA--all the medical societies and organizations have banded together to include smoking in the 'Do not Do !!' list for EVERY condition and disease on the planet!!
Yes, smoking can contribute to many respiratory and circulatory ailments under the right conditions. I've known of 90 year old smokers who have smoked for 80 years (yes, since they were ten) and they do not have respiratory problems, they do not have cholesterol problems and their hearts are as strong as a strong 50 year old.
Every doctor in the USA will tell any smoker to stop smoking.
There are doctors who are smokers who tell thier patients to stop smoking....hypocrites !! BAH!! HUMBUG !!
They'll have to pry my last cigarette, from my cold, dead, hand!!
Cause it'll be from a fall, or a car accident, or some lightning strike that'll be my downfall.
Not cigarette smoking !!

(There, 'j' , how's that?)