Thread: What to do.....
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The DBS Debate

I think you have all done a wonderful job here, describing the pro's and con's of DBS...both before making the decision to have or not have, and after -either the struggles of living without the surgery, or living with the results of the surgery (the "markedly improved" and the devastatingly disappointed.")

Just one more observation to add to the pile that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy or coming to any conclusion based on this, but...

Isn't it odd that none of the famous PD'ers have opted for DBS?

Michael J. Fox I believe is no longer a candidate due to prior brain surgery. But what about the late Pope (while he was alive, of course), Muhammad Ali, Janet Reno, Fidel Castro and the extensive list that I'm sure you are all familiar with?

Again, no conclusions, but some of the people with the best resources available to them, where money is no object and the best doctors and hospitals would "bump" them to the top of their priority list...and not ONE of them was a medically-approved and willing candidate?

I don't know that this means anything at all. Just another thought to add to the never-ending list. Any thoughts or theories?

In the meantime, Good Luck to all of us and our respective decisions.
Keith
kk13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote