Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rina

Lonely... Boy do I understand. The lonlieness in my case stemmed from being the only person I knew who has an invisible debilating chronicly painful illness, and not having the medical community be able to offer a cure.

Not knowing what the next day may bring...

So many uncertainties,and nobody to share the burden with you. I think many of us here in this community have felt or feel as you do now.

In my case, I was very unwell,and my autonomic system was all over the place too. I'd like you to know that though I am not cured, I have recovered a great deal from my early days, and the same may happen to you.

Follow the advice in the stickies,and look after yourself. Allow yourself time to heal.

It takes a long time to heal from nerve damage and the healing can be just as painful as the injury.

You will find alot of support and knowledge on this board, and hopefully this will be a place to share the burden and not feel so lonely.

But never loose faith,as it's a gift that only you can give yourself. If you have one person in your family who supports you,don't shut them out. If you have one person to lean on your very lucky.

Sadly enough I have not shared the sorrow and tears with my husband,and have gone the last 2 and a half years of being ill in silence. Due to PN being so hard to diagnose and confirm, after 2 top neurologists could not find anything wrong with me, my husband convinced himself that it was all in my head. I have imagined this illness. That was over 2 years ago, and I have never discussed it with him since. It does get very lonely, I know. But you nor I are alone. If you made it this far, you are definately not alone anymore.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote