View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Bruegger,

Welcome.

Well done, doing the homework. Good for you.

I don't think calcium is "useless" from what I've read, it's just that the dairy lobby wants us to buy a lot more of this basically milk product than we match in our diets with magnesium...

I bought a newsletter years ago when I had money (ah, the good old days) that talked a lot about magnesium and how in other countries where people take less calcium in, they also have less osteoporosis, because in those countries they have a better balance of calcium to magnesium.

Without sufficient magnesium the calcium we take can be used by our bodies in ways that are not what we are hoping for, like bone spurs and headaches... I forget what else.

I have to go back and read your post again... I have impaired memory from a number of things, to include low B12 for too long.

Oh, that reminds me, magnesiIum is as hard to get out of food for our bodies to use as B12 is... so that's one reason people often are low in it...

I have a page on my site of the foods containing magnesium... but I better not post a link... I do a lot of links sometimes and it irritates people rather than making them feel they are helpful.

I'm surprised (I just reread your post) about your reaction to the melatonin. Is that common?

Have you tried B12 for your depression? I found that after significant replacement therapy I no longer had symptoms of depression... and glad of it!