View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
This has little to do with b12 but will ask here. I heard people who don't absorb fat can have pn issues. I'm wondering though now I do if after 12 years of being malnurished with little dietary fat could still be effecting now but just doesn't show? How and what would be helpful? This past years since I got healthier let me tell you how thick my hair is and my skin is not so dry and grey. I do wonder though the intrernal issues though my bllod work is good though high liver and low white blood count. I'm one of the high b12 people with 1500-2000 range. Actually on the b12 note since I am 29 would the need be different? I don't get it what you mean over 50 is there different levels for different people. Also I know b complex has other b vitamins but why is it needed? Lastly I thought a lot of the nail issue is from calcium? Ok now enough.Thanks so much
Yes, people tend to associate fingernails with calcium...

the thing is that when someone is low on B12, then the moons begin to disapear and ridges begin to form... so looking at your nails can be helpful if you have several symptoms that are associated not only with low B12 but also other things.

In terms of your B12 level... remember that if the test was done by means of measuring the amount of B12 in your blood, then it is not telling you how much you have in your muscle and other tissue.

B12 needs to be in all of our tissue for us to be well.

As we age stress depletes B12 (at least for me... I've kept notes, and they show beyond a doubt that I lose B12 when there's stress...) I supposed I don't "lose" it, I think it's more like I use it up.

So, if you think about the amount of stress in someone's life, then you can see that one person might have at age 16 the amount of stress another person might not have accumulated until age 45... it just all depends.